Honeycommb is a place for your community. We’re constantly improving the product to keep you updated with the latest and greatest in community technology.
iOS 1.40.8 | Android 1.40.8 | Control Center Updates & Improvements
- [Mobile] Small bug fixes and updates to tracking analytics in the onboarding experience for your community
- [Mobile] We’ve removed the article (“the”) on notifications for new members if you’ve enabled them
- [CC] Age & Birthdate are no longer required fields when creating a user via the control center
- [CC] Allow batch approval for users in private networks. Now, you don’t have to approve people one by one 😄
- [CC] Updates to the search for email address, you no longer need to match the character type specifically
- For users that hit an error when sending their credentials to mail chimp, we’ve added a backup & retry effort so that mail chimp won’t reject users based on their validation tool
iOS 1.40.7 | Android 1.40.7 Small Updates & Improvements
- Users can now follow other users directly from discover! Matching the feature on the web, there is a “Add To Home” button for other community members on content accessed via discover
- Updates to your Facebook SDK to comply with requirements from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Web Log In pages can now handle long descriptions that are extended past the screen and render correctly
iOS 1.40.6 | Android 1.40.6 Small Updates & Improvements
- Reset Password now deeplinks directly into the app instead of pointing you to the browser of choice on your device
- For admins, you now have access to a version of your control center in your slide out menu. This version contains only the users in your community (don’t worry, more coming soon)
- Small micro copy updates in the onboarding flow
- Updates to your notification options in a user very own “settings”
- Updates to the Facebook SDK 5.5
iOS 1.40.5 & CORE Performance Improvements
- A small bug fix to correctly display the Terms of Service upon sign up for a small number of impacted users
- The control center now renders the asset when you click on the “view” button. Very simple, but should let you see your assets 😄
- The control center will now display a “CURRENT SIGN IN AT” on each contact record to indicate the last time that user was seen
iOS 1.40.4 | Android 1.40.5 Bug Fixes & Performance Improvements
- Additional tracking & data collection
- Foundation of conversational awareness, more to come here!
iOS 1.40.3 | Android 1.40.3 Bug Fixes & Performance Improvements
- Admins! Now you can feature content directly from the community experience! No need to feature via the Control Center. Reach out to your Success Manager for assistance or help here. Community leader accounts are designated as admins for your network.
- The activity count (unread activity) is now visible in the bottom navigation bar.
- Comments on posts via the web now extend the text area as you write a comment longer than two lines 😄
- Partners can now create their own customized help site! Please reach out to your Success Manager for help with this too.
iOS 1.40.2 | Android 1.40.2 Bug Fixes & Performance Improvements
- Updates to onboarding to simplify and call out a few buttons just a tad bit louder
- Updates to the Android SDK
- Linking of New Member Notification directly to the user profile
- Improvements to the “You’ve Been Approved” group notifications
- In your control center, we’ve also added new tools for Hashtag Search, curation and exploration so you can see content based on tags on a more detailed level.
iOS 1.40 | Android 1.40 New Verified Tools & Single Sign On
- “Verified” is now toggleable so you can remove it from your community if you would like to! (Reach out to your success manager for this one)
- Single Sign On (SSO) is now supported as a sign up method, so if you’re using a third party software or other solution you can integrate your sign on flow using SAML (Reach out to your success manager for this one too)
- Updated analytics in the onboarding to improve tracking
- If there are no posts in your home feed, there’s a new zero state message displayed to users.
- Improvements to domain masking performance and URL’s
- We’ve also added “Search” to your discover on web so folks can find groups and other users on their desktops 😄
iOS 1.39.13 | Android 1.39.16 Small Data Updates & Analytics
- (iOS) DMs Push Notification copy was changed to fit Apple Design Standards
- (Android) Apps are now 64bit and compliant with the play store
- More analytics in onboarding and better data capture!
iOS 1.39.12 | Android 1.39.14 Performance & UX Improvements
We’ve added some more analytics to the onboarding workflow so admins can understand their acquisition funnels more effectively (more to come here) along with…
- Improve upload speed for image + video content
- Added a “pending user” status for those individuals who haven’t yet been approved for private communities
- Add the option for admins to enable “new member notification” for smaller communities
- Dedicated notifications for LIVE posts
- Bug fixes and under the hood improvements
- [Web] A “New Posts” button to be notified when new content is created on the web via your home feed
1.39.11 UX Improvements
We’ve made a change to notifications in onboarding to ask for them sooner in the experience so users can opt into being notified about your community.
We’ve also released an update that enables two different types of community opt-in’s meaning that you’ll be able to create both an opt-out model and opt-in model for followers in your community. Reach out to your success manager for assistance with this one 🙂
1.39.10 Onboarding Adjustments
We’ve made some small tweaks to the onboarding experience to add some small micro copies and make things a little bit clearer for your community.
1.39.9 Web Post Creation & Edit Slide-out Menu
A long time coming! We’ve added post creation on web. Now you can post content to your community from your desktop and share until your heart is content!
We’ve also made the update for partners to adjust their slide-out menu to customize what communities have access to as the quick access point.
1.39.8 Patch & Bug Fixes
Bug Fixes & patches along with an update to GDPR Compliancy Update; now users must complete a check box when creating their account to opt into the agreement.
1.39.7 Patch & Bug Fixes
Small bug fixes and updates to the UX.
1.39.6 Patch & Bug Fixes
A fix to update and improve the account creation workflow.
1.39.5 Patch & Bug Fixes
A new minor view adjustment in control center making it easier to get into your community via admin. Community admins can now also edit and change their app store listing page right from their control center. iOS Improvements:
- Added swipe to refresh ability for DMs
- Fixed an issue where users could not leave a live stream.
- Fixed an issue where the like icon aspect ratio was wrong
- Fixed an issue where group deep linking didn’t support dashes
- Fixed an issue with account creation not recognizing periods
- Other bug fixes
1.39.4 LIVE! In Groups
Now, you can livestream your best content anywhere inside of a community. Any and all groups now support LIVE! creation and viewing right from your mobile device.
We caught (and fixed) a bug that was causing some users to crash when their app loads. It’s fixed!
First impressions are meaningful – which is why we’ve put the power of creating that impression in your hands.
New Login & Registration
The importance of an amazing login and registration process can NOT be understated. We’ve made serious improvements to make the experience more “fool proof” and complete – a massive undertaking that included a complete redesign and new builds for both iOS and Android.
Improved Video Quality
From Live streaming to upload and captured video, we’ve improved our video quality by more than 3x.
Coming soon: The recording of live videos will be available for playback in under 3 minutes.
Custom Domain Support
For those who want to amplify their brand even more, you can now run your Honeycommb web application on your very own custom domain.
Reach out to your Success Manager to learn more or to get your custom domain up and running.
“Position Statement” Field
There are many parts of the experience that require a short, clear, concise message that informs the world of what your network is all about. You can edit this statement at any time in your Control Center.